You can listen to Mainak’s Interview by Clicking Below
Discussion with Mainak Dhar
- Mainak developed a love for reading because his family kept traveling because of his father’s work
- He sold his first book to his friends in school when he was eleven. His inspiration was a quote by Stephen King.
- Mainaks and his friend co-authored a book on the Economic History of India when he was a student in college.
- “Cubicle dwelling” helps him understand people. He does not see his corporate career as an inhibitor to his creativity. Corporate sector helps people understand what makes people tick.
- Mainak does not believe that an “author from an Indian Institute of Management” is necessary the reason for success of several bestselling authors who have a corporate career. It is the discipline, the planning, the adhering to timelines that helps them.
- He uses a spreadsheet to track his writing progress and meeting his goals.
- Mainak runs for an hour everyday, writes for half an hour, and he also writes when he is travelling.
“A writer’s block is all in your mind”.
- Impact of daily habit of writing: author Chris Kennedy writes 500 words every day. In one year, that translates to 180,000 words or nearly 3 novels.
- The Funda of mix-ology was Mainak’s first fiction book. He received 54 rejections for his book. This book was ultimately published by a publisher in Delhi.
- Mainak became a columnist for sify.com, which helped him become a disciplined writer.
- “When you make it personal, you are putting yourself in an uncomfortable situation.”
- Mainak’s grandfather was a freedom fighter, his father was a Government official.
- 03:02 is Mainak’s latest book. He has written in thriller, science fiction, and nonfiction.
Ways to Contact Mainak DharMainak’s Author Website Mainak’s Amazon Author Page Goodreads author profile Mainak’s Facebook Author Page
Click here to visit Mainak’s Amazon Author Page, or click on the image below
News and Updates
- MyKitaab Podcast is the Podcasting Partner of Publishing Next! Learn more at this page.
- Benefits to business from Podcasting: Part I of this podcast and Part II of this podcast
- Who is listening to MyKitaab Podcast? Read the blog post
- Print has endured digital times and is not going away soon: Vinay Hebbar News article from Forbes India. Read More here
- Free access for Indians to library of cricket books. News article from Indian Express
Kamakshi Media LLP is creating custom shows for businesses, entrepreneurs and nonprofits! TO learn more: visit Kamakshi Media LLP
Visit the News page on MyKitaab Podcast to get the latest news on Book Publishing in India.Ways to contact MyKitaab Podcast: Twitter: @gaathastory How To Subscribe to MyKitaab Podcast? You can subscribe to MyKitaab Podcast on iTunes by visiting www.smarturl.it/mykitaab or on Stitcher Radio at www.smarturl.it/mykitaabcast
This post was updated on 2016-08-24