Known CMS is a PHP based content management system (CMS) that can be installed on shared hosting or a VPS. In this post, you will find my experience with this CMS, including installation, configuration any quirks, and final takeaways.
I learnt about Known CMS through the list of Content Management Systems on Wikipedia. In a way, it is a re learning. Here’s why:
Over the past two or three years, I check this list once every six months. My main interest is to learn about any new developments in the world of CMS. This includes, but not limited to:
- Updates to existing CMS’es
- New additions or deletion from the list
- Any projects that have come back from the dead, figuratively speaking. HTMLy, (or TypesetterCMS) for example.
Configuration of settings for KnownCMS
Setup completed: Creating your first post
HTML editor in KnownCMS
Adding Images and media
Adding pages, Categories
Many resources on Github (Community contributed plugins) are dated. 5 or 6 years in age!
Themes for KnownCMS
Parting Thoughts: Takeaways
I want to like this Content Management System, I really do! But cannot. That is my personal take, and I appreciate the work put in by the developers for this PHP based open source CMS.
- Known CMS- release page
- Youtube has a few tutorials on installing, conferring, securing and using Known CMS
- Installing Known CMS- Shared Hosting.
- Plugins for KnownCMS
- Known Guide