Discussion with Kavita: How to Self Publish a Book
- Kavita is the chairman of fifty technologies, and she is a TedX speaker, and an entrepreneur. We were introduced by Neil Patel of the India Startup Show. (Yours truly has also been a past guest on that show. You can listen to that episode here.)
- Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Khaam is her debut novel.
- She decided to self publish her book, which is based on how young professionals can find answers about navigating the dynamic ever changing work space.
- We talk about finding a printer in India, and getting ISBN.
- A friend of hers had suggested that the best titles for books are based on titles for movies. That’s how the title for her debut book came about.
- The book is based on first hand experiences and discussions she had with her former colleagues and teammates when she used to work with Iris Worldwide in Gurgaon.
- Kavita is a filmmaker and likes to take photographs of Indian food.
- Kavita’s website: http://kavitakapoor.org/
- Kavita’s profile on Quora: Profile on Quora
- Interview on India startup Show: Episode 11
- Blog post that we discuss in the podcast episode: choosing a self publishing platform
A friend of mine had suggested that the best titles for books are based on titles for movies. That’s how the title for my book came about.Link to Kavita’s Book
About Kavita KapoorKavita’s journey has taken her to London 2012, a stint in Gurgaon, India, and now into entrepreneurship, where she runs her startup whatsmysize.com. Her book, Kabhie Khushi Kabhi Kham, is about working in India. In this episode, Kavita discusses the motivation behind her book, how she chose the title, cover design, and we talk about finding a printer in India and getting ISBN. when she is not writing, she is a speaker at forums such as TedEx, and she is a filmmaker. You can find more about Kavita at Kavitakapoor.org
This post was updated on 2016-01-20