Discussion with Anuj and his interest in Netaji Bose
- Anuj was informed in early 2000s by a very high level official that Netaji Bose did not die in a plane crash in 1945, which has been the official version regarding his death.
- He thought is was his duty to get to the bottom of this mystery, in a way, he had found his calling.
- Because of his campaign to declassify the files, his professional career and personal life have taken a backseat.
- Anuj is critical of the books written in the past on the subject of Netaji’s disappearance. He also dismisses the fact that he is in it for the money.
- He approached a large publisher to get his book published, but they refused given the controversial nature of the subject.
- Anuj has been approached by some filmmakers including Anurag Basu to make a film on his work. A film in Bengali has been made on his book as on date. He believes that a film made on Netaji would have the widest reach and be able to convey the true story to most people.
- He wants his message to reach as many people as possible, and would like to get his book translated.
This post was updated on 2016-01-18